JOB ID: 180028
SALARY RANGE: $66,237 to $89,046 pa (plus 17% super effective 1 March 2018)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term for 12 months (with the possibility of extension depending on funding)
LOCATION: Geelong Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases (GCEID) (Barwon Health)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Initiate and conduct research in the area of emerging infectious diseases central to the remit of Geelong Centre for Emerging and Infectious Diseases (GCEID).
This will include:
- Initiate and conduct research under limited supervision either as a member of a team, or independently (where appropriate), to achieve the objectives of the GCEID in relation to emerging infectious diseases.
- Contribute to building an active national and international research record, prepare findings for oral and written communication including publications and the generation of external research income.
- Effectively produce data, maintain data protocols and enter data into relevant databases. Conduct preliminary data cleaning, screening and analysis.
- Constructively contribute to a vibrant research team, including participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
Honours or higher level degree in microbiology or a related field with a substantial research component.
Relevant experience in molecular biological techniques in particular nucleic acids extraction, PCR and sequencing.
Demonstrated skills in the coordination of data collection, data entry and analysis using DNA sequence analysis software and Excel.
Experience in working with computer based data acquisition and analysis systems.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Professor Soren Alexandesen
- Tel: +61 3 4215 9635
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 18 February 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.