Job ID: 180498
Location: Geelong – City
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $67,675 to $75,904 pa pro rata (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (29.40 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Health Education and Research Building (HERB), Geelong
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide professional, high level executive and administrative support to the Director of GCEID and to other senior GCEID staff when required.
This will include:
- Providing information, referral, procedural advice and administrative support to the Director and GCEID staff, visitors and collaborators.
- Contributing to the effective management of the GCEID work, equipment and resources.
- Providing grant and research project management support to the GCEID Director and other staff as necessary and provide advice in accordance with the University, Barwon Health and AAHL policies and procedures.
- Taking responsibility for the compilation of the GCEID annual report and the provision of financial reporting (including budget status) to the GCEID Director.
- A tertiary degree and significant relevant experience in an educational, research or biomedical institution or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant training and experience.
- Administrative experience (general and financial) in a similar position.
Excellent information technology skills and experience in the use of the range of Microsoft software packages.
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated competency in managing projects and coping with a range of tasks.
- For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Administrative Officer (PDF)
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Director of GCEID, Professor Soren Alexandersen, Tel: +61 427 282 311
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 15 July 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume. To apply please click Apply button at top of screen.
Link to Deakin Careers page: Click Here (if prompt please enter Job ID 180498).
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.